The wearing of school uniform plays a vital role in contributing to the ethos of Broomgrove Junior School. It helps to inspire pride in the School, support positive behaviour and discipline and helps support effective teaching and learning. Children are expected to be smartly presented during the course of the day and to take pride in their appearance at all times. All items of clothing must be clearly marked with your child’s name.
The school prohibits the use of make-up, nail varnish and the wearing of jewellery other than stud-earrings and watches – both of which must be removed by your child for PE activities.All children with long hair must have it tied back at all times. No vibrant hair colourings, cut in motifs, or patterns to hair styles are permitted. All hair accessories must be plain and coloured blue, yellow or black.
The main colour of our uniform is Royal Blue. It is the policy of the school that all children should wear the following:
- Jumpers and cardigans are plain royal blue colour.
- Polo shirts, shirts and/or blouses are white.
- Trousers or shorts, and skirts for girls are plain black or dark grey.
During the summer months children may wear the following:
- Girls blue or yellow summer checked/striped dresses.
- Also included in our dress code are sensible black 'leather' shoes i.e. not trainers or shoes with
Uniform with our school logo can be ordered online from www.yourschooluniform.com/schools/index/broomgrove-junior-school-44450
Games, P.E. and Swimming
- Coloured House t-shirt and black shorts
Outdoor games - Summer:
- House t-shirt and black shorts
- Trainers (not plimsolls or trainer boots/mid-cuts)
Outdoor games - Winter:
- As for the summer but during the cold weather the children will need extra warm clothing.
Tracksuits are ideal but not essential.
- In the summer term, all children swim and a swimming costume and swimming hat are required.
Essex County Council policy on health and safety during P.E. activities states that all jewellery must be removed, including stud earrings. Children will not be allowed to take part in P.E lessons if they are wearing any jewellery.
Adhering to the school uniform policy is compulsory. Any child unsuitably presented will need to be collected and properly attired prior to being readmitted to school. The School reserves the right to temporarily excluded pupils who persistently do not comply with the stipulated dress code.
Click here for more information.